Department of finance
COllege of PLANNING AND DESIGN
- School: College of Business
- Group: Management
- System: Day Division: 4-year College；Extension Division: 4-year College
OBJECTIVES AND GOALS
Our programs provide educational foundations for careers in financial analysis and management, investment analysis, portfolio management, investment banking, insurance, risk management and personal finance.
Our goals are to equip the students with proper work ethics, financial expertise and pragmatic experience.
Our courses encompass three modules: management of financial institutions, corporate finance, and investing. There are designed on the basis of business community's demand, specifically as follows:
- To develop the concept of individual finance and corporate finance.
- To combine in-depth knowledge of the theory and practice of business with a solid foundation.
- To emphasize communication, analytical decision-making and group working.
- To develop skills in English and computers.
FACULTY AND FACILITIES
We have worked hard to obtain an excellent faculty. All faculty members have doctorate or master degree from remarkable universities worldwide and abundant work experience.
Most of purpose rooms are equipped with various business softwares and are also connected to the internet.
Financial Investment and Wealth Management Laboratory offers the following system:
- On-line Stock Ticker System
- Simulation System of Financial Investment
- Time Machine for case study in finance
- PPPWEB for investment portfolio
- GAUSS Mathematical & Statistical
- E-views Quantitative Economics
CAREERS AND PLACEMENTS
Graduates of the program will be well prepared for careers in private and public sector organizations, including investment trusts, banks, insurer, stockbroker and other companies. The Program also satisfied many of the course requirements for an advanced degree in economics, accounting, finance, and management.
We offer practical trainings within the programs with the following institutions:
- China Trust Commercial Bank (CTCB)
- Mega Bills Finance Co., Ltd.
- China Life insurance Company, Ltd.
- Nan Shan Life Insurance Company, Ltd.
- Law insurance broker Company, Ltd.
- Kuo Hua Life Insurance Company, Ltd.
- National Tax Administrations, Ministry of Finance
- Land Bank, Hukou Branch
Since its establishment, the Department of finance has prepared students to contribute their knowledge and skills to financial management. We will devote our efforts to the following four scopes:
- Pragmatics: We expect to promote our faculties with expertise in the localization and internationalization of financial management in real word.
- Teaching: We constantly upgrade our laboratories to provide real-world simulations and to give extra for faculty training programs.
- Research: We will continue our efforts to conduct financial management seminars and symposia to enhance faculty research and to expose students with valuable new knowledge.
- International academic exchanges: We will cooperate with foreign educational institutions in providing exchange programs for students and faculty members to foster greater international insights.
The department focuses on ethical and professional techniques in the curriculum and extra-curricular activities to enhance our students. In addition to the regular curriculum, we offer a variety of extra-curriculum as:
- The causes and effects of subprime mortgage financial crisis
- Training program in MS Specialist
- How to ignite your potential under financial crisis
- Symposium of alumni and students
- Workshop of financial institution and financial service
- To understand Cash Flow
- English lectures by professors from the U.S.
- Orphanage service: inducing the basic knowledge of money